Somewhere,our Hope baby is kicking tonight, I just know it. Something is going on. Let me back up. The first thing that happened was I made a call to JT about Both Hands. I felt hesitant to do this first step because I didn't know him. I finally reached out and he met with us that evening. I thought that the fund raiser would happen in the spring...he said how about October, then September. I began to wonder if this baby would come sooner then we thought.
Confirmation that something is happening. Last week Gwen said their was an agency trying to place babies right now. I ignored this information. Today Steve heard the same information, with the words immediately. Fine, I'll call. Left message. Me walking around the house having an anxiety attack. Ring Ring, Yes, Oh, I see...never mind. No immediate needs, come in though and talk, take some classes, yadda yadda....
Whew,okay, we're back to waiting with our wonderful agency and possibly adopt in like December or January. Check email. Email is from social worker:"Hey, I sent off your grant information, usually takes about 3 months to process. Could have a placement before funds come through." Huh? Does that happen? quick email back to her. "Sure, it does happen, you just pay the portion you don't have when the money comes, so when you get your fingerprints we'll talk". Me, good, okay, we have Both Hands coming up, fingerprints won't be back until at least the end of October, possibly not until late November.
Chatting away on the phone to Dee Dee, beep in. "Hey baby, (Steve call) Umm, we got our fingerprints in the mail today". Beep back to Dee Dee- "Hey Dee Dee, you've worked with God before, think I should be like, I don't know, washing up some baby clothes or something?"
So, I sit here thinking, maybe I should go register for some newborn things at this point.
Home for almost 6 months
-
We are having such a fun time as a family of four. It is as if Shepherd has
always been here. Sure, we had some bumps along the road with Sophie
adjusting ...




4 comments:
Oh Katie, I'm so glad to hear about your prints!!! YEAH!!!!! Can't wait to see God's path for your family. And yeah...maybe wash a few onesies...buy a pack of dipes...maybe a few bottles...
hehe! congrats!
Go! Register! Maybe I can go with you, I need to register, too. Let me know if/when you decide to go, if you would like company. How about a shower? Should we plan a shower? Do you want a shower? Let me know & we'll work on it. You'll have your baby before I have mine. Woohoo! (I'm fighting to hold back tears.)
Oh, I don't think I will have her before you have yours!
This hope of yours made me think of this song...it has always been special to me.....
i love ya'll
Up in the hills somewhere in Kentucky
In a little old school way back in the nothing
Where special kids born with special needs
Are sent to learn life's ABCs
Their teacher, Mrs. Jones, tells them all about Jesus
How in the twinkling of an eye He's coming back to get us
About streets of gold and pearly gates
How they want to go, they just can't wait
And she can't keep them in their seats
They're all at the windows straining to see
And it's
Fingertips and noses pressed to the windowpanes
Longing eyes, expectant hearts for Him to come again
All they know is that they love Him so
And if He said He'd come, He's coming
And they can't keep their windows clean
For fingertips and noses
She tried to explain to the kids about His coming
She tried to calm them down, but they just wouldn't listen
They just giggled and they clapped their hands
They're so excited that He's coming for them
And the first thing you know they're out of their seats
Back at the windows straining to see
Where will Jesus find us when He comes again?
Will we be like little children waiting just for Him?
With our
Fingertips and noses pressed to the windowpanes
Longing eyes, expectant hearts for Him to come again
All we know is that we love Him so
And if He said He'd come, He's coming
And we can't keep our windows clean
For our fingertips and noses
katie and Steve, you just keep expecting, he'll come...and provide...expecting is the fun part :)
Post a Comment