Monday, February 23, 2009

What to do while we wait?

I have been lurking around on different agencies websites and have been calling all over the country trying to learn more about domestic adoption. It is a crazy place to be and I want to coin some sort of word to describe it...but for now, I will just say that every agency, state, social worker, you name it has a different take on domestic adoption. Basically they all agree that we will need to have more $$ in order to adopt.
So, the good news is, all we're doing right now is waiting, so I do have the time to do some more fundraisiers. We just finished the Pampered Chef one and I am working on a special one that I hope lots of local folks will enjoy. ( I am working on the details) I also have a sweet friend at church who wants to do a yard sale for us in March or April. To say I am excited about that is an understatement. Someone offering to host a sale on your behalf is humbling. Thanks friend for offering such a wonderful gift!
We are praying for more money to adopt or for an adoption situation to miraculously cost less. We know that we serve an Almighty Lord who will do whatever He wants. We just want Him to get all the glory for how he provides.

2 comments:

Bree said...

we're doing our first real fundraiser this weekend and have raised about $2000 so far. I'll let you know how it all works out. So far, it hasn't been that hard, just alot of organizing. I'm sure we'll be very tired this weekend, but I think it's worth it. We hope to raise more $ over the next few days. I'll let you know in case your interested in giving it a try.

Talk soon,
S

Gwen Oatsvall said...

girl, you have to bring your gold to my party (March 27th) ... You will leave with cash in hand ... I made $848 at the party i went to and the hostess made $2000 ... so i booked a party ... you could come check it out .. i think you could make some big bucks for your adoption ...