Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A close encounter

We wait to hear from a lawyer about a private adoption in TN.
We know nothing really, but it is a special connection through two friends to how we were even contacted to put our profile in. So, we are hopeful and praying.
I also just got an email from our SW here that we can submit our profile for an adoption in KY. I just have no clue where our child will come from.

This week, God has been teaching me something about his Glory, sin, atonement and living for Him. All the way here (I am on a road trip to my parents house) I listened to him. Something is going on in my heart. Two roads if you will: Faith and Fear. These two F words simply cannot get along. I am so tired of it.

Anyway, today here in nowhereville,(wait, no red line went under that last word) I have felt alone with our adoption plan. I am reminded of all of the reasons why this is not a good logical plan. Pesty little flying thougths whispering, " Did God really tell you to do this?" kind of messages. I feel like it would be nice to hear from God. I mean, who are these other voices from anyway....?
Well, Soph and I go to this local dive to eat. A young man waits on us and is clearly reading my t-shirt and later I notice him trying to read the back of my shirt. It is the orphan awareness shirt from Gwen. A few minutes later, the teen comes over and asks me if I work with foster children. I said no, but hope to one day when we have enough rooms in our house for the gov. to allow usto. I told him about adopting Soph and that I am waiting right now. He said he saw my shirt and wanted to let me know that he was a foster kid. He said he entered the system when he was 16 and is now 18 and was never allowed to be adopted. His foster family continues to parent him and include him though. Then, he leans in and tells me that what I am doing is a good. That sounds familiar, "He looked and said it was good". He says this with such love and knowing in his voice, it was as if God came and ordered a hamburger and was sitting beside me in the school bus yellow booth. It was a close encounter, I am sure.

This Andrew Peterson song is what God is giving me this week, look it up, listen and enjoy.
Just as I am

What's that on the ground?
It's what's left of my heart
Somebody named Jesus
Took up the pieces
And planted the shards

And they're coming up green
They're coming in bloom
I can hardly believe
This is all coming true

Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
He showed me the day that He shed His own blood
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does

All of my life
I've held on to this fear
Its thistles and vines
Ensnare and entwine
What flowers appeared

It's the fear that I'll fall
One too many times
It's the fear that His love
Is no better than mine
(but He says that)
Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
He showed me the day that He shed His own blood
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does

It's time now to harvest
What little that grew
This man they call Jesus
Who planted the seeds
Has come for the fruit

And the best that I've got
Isn't nearly enough
He's glad for the crop
But it's me that He loves

Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
The same as the day that He shed His own blood
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does
Just as I am and just as I was
Just as I will be He loves me, He does
The same as the day that He shed His own blood
He loves me, oh, He loves me, He does
He loves me, oh, He loves me,
He loves me, He does
He loves me, He does

4 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

that is beyond amazing !!! i love how God takes a t-shirt and uses it in so many ways ... praying sister you get a call ... love you and love your spirt !!!

Katie Krebs said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog for awhile; I love to see how God has been working through you. You and your family are in my prayers, and I just know that any children God brings your way will be very blessed!

Nanette R. said...

God is so good! I love how He used a t-shirt message to prompt the waiter in the diner to speak to your heart.

Michelle Acton said...

Love this story. Love you. Oh yeah, and love GOD.